Wednesday, June 20, 2007

GOODNIGHT, AGAIN AND AGAIN


No more teachers, no more books, no more…..

I’ve forgotten the rest of this catchy line by Bugs Bunny. Anyone?

Summer is practically done and past is past.

For me and for other young and old students, June is the start of a grueling season of dreamlike warp. Today is my second day of my third trip to law school. (So far? No, I wish this would be my last.) It means I now need to sneak getting off early from work, to read books on the way to school, to be fumed with cigarette smoke from young and old classmates right before and after each class, to spend library hours for studying and sleeping, to get home late and digest cases overnight over cups and mugs of coffee, to get up earlier and dizzy because of adjusted work schedule, to travel en route to the office memorizing legal provisions and stealing snoozes…. the phrases continue on and on and turns full circle, not to mention my aching to question the wisdom of our laws which law schools do not permit, such caves being wrong venues for protests.

Go to Congress. Lobby outside or grandstand inside.

Dream to be a Senator, Congressman, or activist? I already have my own dream, and it seems it’s taking me almost forever to follow it.

So then I remember this very simple poem I penned around five years ago about dreaming and dreaming on …


OLD CHILD’S DREAMS

I dream to wake like the sun rising bright
I dream to run like the river rushing wild
I dream to leap like the rainbow arching high
I dream to rest like the granite standing tough

But these are all there are:

I need to wake, so that all day I would tire.
I need to run, so that I could do so much.
I need to leap, so that things I hate shall fade.
I need to rest, so that I might have my Dreams.


Kaplak!!!!

Enough of these complaints and angst! Learn without complaining and live without demanding, …probably.

Read, understand, memorize, read, understand, memorize… zzzleep…zzzleep…zzz..

2 comments:

TonyB said...

Read, understand, analyze, synthesize, read understand, analyze, synthesize... So, you are studying to be a lawyer? Interesting enough.

cheers!
Tony

ted pagalanan said...

With all the time contraints and to give way for my sleeping, I guess I just have to content myself with due analysis to the synthesis of the last 3 steps under the nomination understand. It would be too much for me to be conscious of the last two.

Kidding aside, yes. Been on and off a student, but this time there shall be no power interruption. Hopefully.

Thanks!

Ted